Saturday, March 24, 2012

Days 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 &185

Hi there!
Had a busy week.  Working on the next stop.  So many things to do when you live "simply"!  It's a LOT more physical, which probably = more healthy.
You know, no matter where we land or when we land, we have learned a HUGE lesson about living in this world.  We sure don't need all the stuff we think that we do.  If you get a chance, there is a book named, "Radical".  By David Platt.  Awesome book.  One of the studies that Mark goes to is studying on it.  It's about what's really important about being a follower of Jesus.  Pretty candid in parts, but real.  Check it out. 
!!!***Our newest grandbaby is a boy!!!!!   And his name is Isaac.  I got to see a video of him!  LOL!  Now THERE'S something we didn't have back in the day!!!  His mom & dad are sooooo excited!  Well, we all are, but, you know what I mean!  Anyway, only 165 days into it and we can watch him suck his thumb :).  How awesome is that?
Our friend Bob has done a couple of surgeries now with that leg.  Tammy and Bob thank you so much for your prayers.  They are life saving in all matters.
The horses are good.  Bob seems to like me better now that I feed him 2 out of 3 times a day.  Apparently, the way to a geldings heart is through his stomach!!!   Sound familiar?? Ha ha!
There are alot of carts down here.  They are pulled with oxen, mules and horses, but mostly mules.  I think maybe the mules are heartier in this climate.  But you can NOT find a lick of alphalfa hay!  Too bad too, because when we were able to get it, it worked wonders for Bob's belly and weight.  Must not be able to grow it in red clay!?
Well, that's about it for now.  I would write more often, but like I told my friend Linda, nobody wants to read the daily...I darned my socks today...stuff.  The Lord will tell us when it's time.  Somebody said to Mark, this is where the real faith comes in.  Waiting.  Feeling like you're hanging out there without a Word.  Just waiting for instructions.  I think he may have been right.  Because the first thing this human brain thinks is...did we do something wrong?  Where's our lead?  But...faith tells us, He's still right here.  Just be still and wait and listen.
God bless!
Faith

3 comments:

Terri said...

Good to hear from you and congrats on a new baby. Technology is amazing isn't it? Keep in mind you are doing what you are supposed to do and are where you are supposed to be until.....It takes time to sit back and wait. There is a reason you are where you are and it may be some time before you ever know why.

Ed Mitchell said...

Hello. Im not one that you have met but my wife and I ran into you on highway 43 just north of lafayette, IN and have been following you since you were on the news in Lafayette. We have set a time so set down and read your blog each night and since you arent doing it daily we don't get our laugh for the day. It so refreshing to see that you two are out there passing the good LORDS word along. You might not think that it is important to post on a daily bases but we followers get worried about you guys if we dont see a blog and besides that we dont get our laugh. As you can see you are not only passing along the word but keeping us entertained. Keep up the good work and be safe as traffic will be picking up with all of the kids out of school soon. GOD bless. Ed & Joan

sandi said...

I love reading your posts and I miss them and you if you do not update. But I have faith you are where you should be with the Holy Spirit. Glad you are safe, and the horses are well. Congrats on the grandson. My husband and I have 6 grandbabies. They are our joy. God Bless you all.
Sandi in MI

PS we have never met either, but I have followed you since the beginning. Enjoy your day.