So we did probably 16-17 miles today. We are South of Plainville on Hwy 57. Which is what we wanted to do today. It got up to around 40 degrees today...good temp for the horses. Slight wind so we broke into our carharts and stayed cozy. Supposed to be down in the twenty's tonight...but in the mid 40's again tomorrow. So IF we get out & about early...we might do 20 miles.
Lots of turns today on 57. I mean one after another. Only one good hill, but man oh man the turns just kept comin'. We backed traffic up a couple of times...but we do our best to pull over when we can (when it's safe for our horses). Of course that's not good enuff for some folks. So some important citizen (that's what we refer to the people who fly past us into head on traffic and about cut the horses front legs off...important people...they must be because they are in such a hurry they can endanger any number of lives necessary to keep flyin') called the police on us. Said we were slow & backing up traffic. We had just pulled off the road and an officer pulled up. He talked to Deb...said if 7 vehicles are behind us we need to pull over and let them pass. Deb told them we do...as soon as it is safe. He was very profesional & respectful to my wife...and I am grateful to him for that. We'll just keep doin' the best we can...the officer asked (Off. J.R.Crew) that we pray for Ms. Mattingly, Doug Scudder, and 10 year old Memphis Reiker...they all have cancer. Let's pray for miracle healings, strength, and that they feel no pain.
Please also pray for the following folks;
- Joe & Gennie Matthews they offered us some water...and asked that we pray for "everything"
- Bobbie Flynn and Joe Pershing...Joe has a sister with alzheimers and asks that we pray for a healing
- John Higgins...for continued good health
- Joan found us again (God bless her!). This time she bought pizza (yes!) and brought her sister Mary. She asks that we pray for her for good health
- Joans other sister Rita ...she has a doctors appointment on next Monday for her hip...she has no idea what's wrong. So lets ask God to help with the diagnosis and a quick healing.
- We also met Joan's niece Maci
- We also met Doug & his son Sid, they would like us to pray for the Mom, Mindi, and her children Mason & Chloe...for unity of the family.
- And now we have a request...one of our fellow horse travelers...Cowboy Bob and his family (he is also from Michigan and we call each other once in a while) had his wagon roll over today. Everyone is safe...and they have rebuild parts comin'. Horses and all ok...no serious injuries reported. But if we could ask the Lord to hold them up and get them back on the road soon, we would be deeply indebted to all of you.
- We would also like to pray for our follower, Rachel's, friend. She has some health issues and her husband is in training to be deployed in January and can't be there with her. Rachel, our son is army, we surely understand the deployment thing! No bueno!! We'll pray for them for that, as well.
I keep forgetting to add that when we were at Graber steel, we also met Nick's son, Marvin. Very nice family and we enjoyed meeting them! Thanks Bob for the hook-up!